Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kate Wolf

Whenever I drive through California this time of year, I am always reminded of the line from Kate Wolf's song "Here in California":

Here in California fruit hangs heavy on the vines
There's no gold I thought I'd warn you
And the hills turn brown in the summertime

Kate Wolf was a noted Bay Area folk singer in the late '70s and '80s, whose life was tragically cut short from leukemia at the young age of 44.  She is remembered every summer at the Kate Wolf Memorial Music Festival, which will take place June 28-30 in Laytonville, CA. 


For those interested in hearing more of Ms. Wolf's music, I recommend starting with her album, "An Evening in Austin", which captures the essence of her songwriting through the live performance.



No comments:

Post a Comment